Aluminum Sheet ; is one of the most well-known elements after metals such as steel and iron. In addition, it is an element that stands out with its unique properties. The products obtained from this element by the rolling method are also called aluminum plates or sheets. The aluminum sheet is divided into thin and thick. The thin one is known as the sheet, and the thick one is known as the plate. Aluminum sheets typically have all the features and functionality of aluminum.
What is Aluminum Sheet?
Aluminum Sheet is found in many sectors in terms of usage area. It can be used in almost any vehicle used daily. The silver color of the chemical element with the atomic number 13 and the symbol Al is one of its most important distinguishing features. In addition, aluminum is found in the form of bauxite ore. One of the known effective properties of the element is its resistance to oxidation and strength. That’s why it is one of the most preferred elements in the industrial and building sectors, such as construction.
- What is Aluminum Sheet?
- What are the Aluminum Sheet Properties?
- What are the Usage Areas of Aluminum Sheet?
- What are the Advantages of Aluminum Sheet?
- How is Aluminum Extracted, and What Processes are Applied?
- Why is Aluminum Sheet Recycling Important?
- Aluminum Sheet Prices?
- How to Order an Aluminum Sheet?
- What is Aluminum Billet?
- What is Aluminum Ingot?
- Bauxite Resources in the World and Turkey
What are the Aluminum Sheet Properties?
The aluminum sheet shows high resistance against oxidation with its passivation feature in aluminum. In addition, since the plate has this basic structure, it has been one of the raw material elements used in the industry. Other features you need to know about aluminum and aluminum sheet are as follows:
- It is extracted from underground as bauxite.
- It is one of the most common materials.
- It is obtained by decomposition by the electrolysis method.
- Pure aluminum has a soft structure. It is made durable by undergoing specific processes.
- Aluminum has an easily processable structure. This is an important feature that increases its preferability. Thus, it is easily beaten and shaped.
- It does not have magnetic properties. In addition, it is not among the toxic metals.
- It is resistant to corrosion.
- It is an environmentally friendly element as it is suitable for recycling.
- It is used in many areas of industry. Therefore, it is among the most important elements.
- It is much lighter than elements such as steel and copper.
What are the Usage Areas of Aluminum Sheet?
Aluminum is one of the most extensive and common elements. The use of aluminum and its derivatives is daily in almost every sector, especially in construction, automotive, heavy industry machinery, and food. It is very common because it is a soft and light metal. The sectors where aluminum sheets and plates are frequently used are:
- Construction: It is preferred for needs such as roofing and insulation. In addition, aluminum is used to produce door, window, and railing elements.
- Automotive and transportation:Aluminum is used in engine components to electronic systems in the vehicle. It is also widely used in the bicycle, motorcycle, and vehicle industries. Recently, aluminum is also used in electric vehicle technology.
- Aerospace: Aluminum is durable and light in all climatic conditions. For this reason, it is one of the most used materials in aircraft construction.
Aluminum is a preferred element in the main sectors such as construction and automotive, as well as in areas such as food, furniture, small electronic household appliances, nano-technological equipment, and chip production. It is also frequently used in the packaging industry. Based on IACS standards, it offers 61% superior performance in heat and electrical conductivity compared to copper. It has also started to be preferred in air conditioning solutions in living spaces.
What are the Advantages of Aluminum Sheet?
The aluminum sheet is preferred in the industry for many different reasons. The main ones are :
- The main feature of the aluminum plate is that it is light. This situation increases the usage, especially in sectors such as automotive and construction. It does not impose an additional load on the structure and also affects the longevity of the structure.
- It is not affected by any adverse conditions, from weather to many liquid substances. Therefore, it is one of the preferred elements in producing food and household appliances.
- It is also used to gain an aesthetic appearance in living spaces. For this reason, it is among the indispensable elements of interior and exterior architecture. It is also an element with high reflectivity. This is because it is silver in color.
- It has high resistance even at low temperatures. Materials such as steel lose their resistance to sudden impacts at low temperatures. In this respect, aluminum is one of the rare elements that maintains its durability in all climatic conditions..
- One main factor that makes it preferred is that it is easy to process. It is also one of the elements suitable for recycling. The energy used during the conversion is 5% of the energy consumed for the aluminum produced for the first time. In this respect, it provides significant energy savings.
How is Aluminum Extracted, and What Processes are Applied?
Aluminum is not directly mined from the ground. The raw form of this element is bauxite. Aluminum element is obtained by processing the ore from important bauxite mines such as Seydişehir in Turkey. After bauxite is extracted, it is converted into pure aluminum and distributed for use. The main steps followed in this process are as follows:
- Minerals are extracted from bauxite deposits to produce aluminum.
- Bauxite is converted to alumina by the Bayer process method. It can also be made into aluminum oxide.
- In the final stage, pure aluminum is obtained by the salt electrolysis method.
The most important disadvantage of aluminum production is energy. A significant amount of energy is required to convert bauxite into aluminum. Therefore, costs increase. However, energy consumption decreases with investments in aluminum recycling, and reaching aluminum may become much less costly.
Why is Aluminum Sheet Recycling Important?
Due to global warming, incentives for recycling are increasingly in the foreground. There is significant progress in energy saving, mainly with the investments made by industrial institutions in recycling. Aluminum is one of the most suitable ores for recycling, and the energy spent during recycling is around 5%, according to its initial production. In addition, aluminum is an increasingly common element that takes a long time to decompose into organic substances. Therefore, attention should be paid to recycling aluminum in terms of environmental protection.
Aluminum is re-liquefied during recycling. Reuse liquefied aluminum, it can be shaped using molds. This process refers to a more straightforward process than obtaining aluminum from bauxite. In addition, this provides significant savings on costs.
Aluminum Sheet Prices?
Aluminum sheet prices may vary according to the producing companies and brands. Another reason for the change in prices is that it is produced according to the purpose it will be used. For these reasons, aluminum materials are sold at different prices depending on the meaning of production. We produce these materials with years of experience. You can use these materials according to their purpose, and you can contact us for our reasonable prices and buy them.
How to Order an Aluminum Sheet?
The aluminum sheet is very functional in terms of usage area. With the useful structure of these materials, the demand is increasing daily, and you can get them at our very affordable prices. You can contact us to order the aluminum sheets we produce and sell, and you can get our appropriate and quality service.
What is Aluminum Billet?
Aluminum billet is the term used for aluminum in block form. It can also be called ready-to-process aluminum. With the billet structure, forging and shaping aluminum becomes much more manageable. It also does not lose resistance to any liquid, even if it is made too thin for packaging.
What is Aluminum Ingot?
After aluminum melts, it becomes an ingot. Liquid aluminum is subjected to degassing and refining. Thus, it is cleaned from the oxides in its content. This process is done to maximize aluminum quality. Then, the aluminum ingot in the form of ingots is obtained by casting. The most important reason for turning aluminum into ingots is the convenience it provides in transportation.
Bauxite Resources in the World and Turkey
Turkey has sufficient mineral resources in terms of bauxite resources. The most important bauxite deposits in 10 different regions are located in Seydişehir-Akseki. There are around 200 bauxite deposits in Turkey. In addition, the total bauxite reserve is about 257 million tons. World bauxite reserves are close to 30 billion tons. With inactive resources, the amount of bauxite is 70 billion tons. The country that produces the most aluminum is China. Countries such as Guinea, Jamaica, Brazil, and Australia stand out among the richest in terms of bauxite resources.